[postgis-users] Length of a line above polygon

Matej Mailing mailing at tam.si
Tue Jul 3 23:47:26 PDT 2012

Hi,

Thank you for the answer. However, I don't get the right result. For
example, when there is a line that is long 500 meters and it crosses 5
polygons (on each of them maybe just a meter or few meters, except one
where lies a majority of the line), I get the full length of the lines
for corresponding polygons - i.e. as every polygon that is crossed is
crossed by the total line length. What I want to get is the actual
length of the part of the line that crosses every specific polygon.

TIA,
Matej