[postgis-users] possible bug: function st_asgeojson(geometry) is not unique

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Tue Jul 10 17:53:28 PDT 2012

The only issue I see with CREATE EXTENSION at this point is that if you want
to use the subversion releases
because they don't have extension version points (which CREATE EXTENSION
requires freeze points)
, it's not upgradeable.  I have a work around for that issue which I'm
experimenting with. That only affects people who want to live on the edge
like strk.

If you always go with released versions, it works just dandy from my
experience.  So in a nut-shell its fine for production use, just hard to use
for interim synching with repository version.

strk is just against it because he got bitten once early on and he had a
mixed bag of stuff anyway.

As far as upgrading from say 1.5.  If you did an unclean upgrade -- brought
over junk and installed on top of a clean postgis 2.0,
YOU NEED to run the postgis_upgrade_minor script or you'll get ambiguous
function calls as you've experienced.

Hope that helps,
Regina
http://www.postgis.us