[postgis-users] Need help constructing a query

Pedro Doria Meunier pdoria at netmadeira.com
Thu Jul 19 11:03:12 PDT 2012

Hi,

Need help/pointers on how to best construct the following:

1 known point in a table. (call it buoy)

another table containing the history (with a geom column) of where a
particular object (a boat) has been in time/space

What I need to construct is a query that gives me the count of how many
times that boat has gone past that buoy.
(there *will* be more than 1 rows giving proximity of the object to the
buoy -- need to get rid of those ;) -- since the boat is slow moving
(2-10 knots))

Btw, both tables' geoms srid=4326.

Any help highly appreciated ;)

TIA,