[postgis-users] Need help constructing a query

Tom van Tilburg tom.van.tilburg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 23:38:47 PDT 2012

Hi Pedro,

You might try to create lines from the boat tracks (see examples in
manual for ST_MakeLine)  and circles (st_buffer) from the proximity
areas around the buoy.
Now do a ST_Intersection(boatline, bouycircle). The result should be a
set of lines within the bouycircle. Every line stands for one pass along
the bouy.
I think ST_Intersection might result in a geometry collection of lines
and points so you would have to make a dump of the result with ST_Dump
and then select only the lines.

Cheers,
  Tom