[postgis-users] Extracting points from a line

uk52rob uk52rob at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 25 03:50:38 PDT 2012

Hi,

I have two point geometry tables, with which I need to compare a single point from the left table to all points in the right table.

I need to extract X and Y co-ordinates (EPSG: 27700 OSGB36/British National Grid) every 25m along a fictitious line between the points in order to build a 'profile' of the land from a database containing height data.

Does anyone have any 'best practise' or experience with this sort of project?

Many thanks,

Rob