[postgis-users] PostGIS through xCode

Charles Galpin cgalpin at lhsw.com
Fri Jun 1 04:24:16 PDT 2012

Hi Ahmad

You won't connect to the database directly. Depending on what the data is you can use a variety of methods. Simple REST style calls to a web server which runs code to query the database and return the data could be sufficient, but for anything more complex I suggest using a WMS server like geoserver or mapserver.

If you want your app to run on multiple platforms consider doing it in html 5.

hth
charles