[postgis-users] RE : How does ST_Slope works ?

Pierre Racine Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca
Thu Jun 14 07:33:06 PDT 2012

> If some functions can't handle all the pixels, this is a big limit for the use of tiled
> rasters if some function can't handle all the pixels although tiling and indexing
> raster is a major improvement (thanks to postgis).It's going to be tricky if we
> need to have both tiled and untiled version for the same raster.

Yes. Right now only the functions dependent on neighbours are not working fine on tiled coverages. All the others do not have this problem. We have been thinking about different ways to support neighbourhood  functions that I can't remember here. Maybe David could? One of the way is to pass the parameters of the coverage we are working on (schema, table, raster column) to the neighbour function so it could search for neighbour pixels values outside the current tile.

Comments (and funding) are very welcome on this.

Pierre