[postgis-users] Problem compiling PostGIS2.0 with GEOS 1.3.3+

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl
Sat Jun 23 02:20:07 PDT 2012

You are right, it is not from GEOS but from an older PostGIS install.
Even so, the problem of two versions of liblwgeom.h remains. The reason
is that liblwgeom.h in /usr/local is only updated at "make install".
Before that, the compiler sees the older version when compiling a new
version of PostGIS. But only when there is an explicit -I directive for
/usr/local/include, *and* that directive precedes the include directive
for the PostGIS source tree.That is not a very common case, it only
happens when you compile as non-root to non-standard install
directories. Even so, it would be better to use an explicit path when
including liblwgeom.h (../liblwgeom.h/liblwgeom.h)

Jan