[postgis-users] Proper way to upgrade after using CREATE EXTENSION postgis?

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Mon Jun 25 13:33:06 PDT 2012

It worked fine for me upgrading from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1.
I used:
ALTER EXTENSION postgis UPDATE TO "2.0.1";

Which version of PostGIS are you using.

do a

SELECT postgis_full_version()l

When all fails, to fix your database.

1) Backup your database
2) Restore it.

It should automatically upgrade itself to the new version.

Hope that helps,
Regina
http://www.postgis.us