[postgis-users] Problem with using query layer in ArcGIS 10

Melpati, Muni Muni.Melpati at dot.state.fl.us
Thu Jun 28 12:18:39 PDT 2012

Hi I was querying posgis layers from ArcGIS 10. I found that if add postgis layer with huge number of records, I am having trouble with accessing its attributes. When I try to open the table I get "Could not load data from the data source. If you can correct the problem, press the refresh button to reload data. Possible problems can include bad network connection, invalid field, etc. The SQL statement was not a select statement. The operation is not supported by this implementation."

I found similar problem somewhere in GIS forums where the user had to change the MAXBLOBSIZE value to -1 (unlimited) in the SDE SERVER CONFIG FILE. Is there similar fix to postgis/postgres? I appreciate your support.
Thanks.