[postgis-users] Raster data insertion in postgis database

Pierre Racine Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca
Fri Jun 29 12:32:28 PDT 2012

> I am using multiple threads to upload the raster tiles simultaneously in a single
> table in postgis database. 2500 rows should be created from first thread and
> 2450  rows from the second thread......giving  a  total of 4950 rows.

What do you mean by "threads". You mean threads as in "multiple threading programming" or you just mean "steps"?

At last are you using raster2pgsql? Or your program create the WKB itself?

You know you can load multiple raster in one command using wildcards.

> I am wondering if it is possible to insert multiple rows simultaneously in a single
> table in postgis database. Please help !!!!

This is more a PostgreSQL question. I think each INSERT should be treated independently if you enclose each of them with BEGIN and COMMIT. Otherwise they are treated as a transaction block.

Pierre