[postgis-users] PostGIS 2.0 instalation problem

Bborie Park bkpark at ucdavis.edu
Fri Mar 16 10:13:09 PDT 2012

On 03/16/2012 04:45 AM, Piotr Pachół wrote:
> Hello,
> I try to install PostGIS 2.0 on Windows XP using script file
> makepostgisdb_using_extensions.bat
> During executing of line: "%PGBIN%\psql"  -d "%THEDB%" -c "CREATE EXTENSION
> postgis;"
> I received error:  can't load library "C:/Program
> Files/PostgreSQL/9.1/lib/postgis-2.0.dll": unknown error 126
>
> I checked above path - file postgis-2.0.dll is that catalog.
> What should I do?

Piotr,

The problem lies with the first xcopy in the batch file.  Simplest thing
to do is to turn off the PostgreSQL server and copy the contents of
bin/*.* from the PostGIS zip archive to C:/Program
Files/PostgreSQL/9.1/bin.  Turn the PostgreSQL server back on and then
run the psql scripts.

-bborie

--
Bborie Park