[postgis-users] problem with restoring database postgis 2.0

John Callahan john.callahan at udel.edu
Thu Mar 22 17:02:45 PDT 2012

Well, that makes sense.  I was using the --data-only option because I did
not want to bring over the functions (since the functions already exist in
the new database through the postgis creation script.)

Is there a way to dump/restore only the data tables (including create
statements, indexes,  sequences, privileges) and not the functions or
function comments?  I ran into a problem recently while upgrading when I
had too many similar functions and postgis couldn't determine a unique
function at times.

- John

John Callahan, Research Scientist
Delaware Geological Survey, University of Delaware