[postgis-users] ST_Mapalgebraexpr requires same alignment

Jose Carlos Martinez jomarlla at cgf.upv.es
Fri Mar 23 07:49:09 PDT 2012

Hi Pierre, thanx for the answer.
I though same alignment was not required because the docs said the
alignment is chosen from first raster, then I guessed the second raster
could have different alignment. I guessed it can support different
alignment because otherwise I think its very limited, maybe Im doing
something wrong though but the normal scenario its to make spatial
analysis with raster which have different alignment.

How can I rewrite the sentence with raster which have different
alignment? or I should re-sample the whole raster to make them to have
the same alignment?

insert into demdif (rast) select st_mapalgebraexpr (d1.rast, 1, st_union
(d2.rast), 1, 'abs([rast1.val] - [rast2-val])','16BSI', 'FIRST', null,
null,null) from dem200 d1, dem d2 where d1.rast && d2.rast and st_relate
(d1.rast::geometry, d2.rast::geometry, 'T********') group by d1.rid;