[postgis-users] osm2pgsql schema and table name

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Mar 30 09:53:57 PDT 2012

Hi,

On 03/30/2012 05:59 PM, Francois Hugues wrote:
> A little question not directly related to postgis but i'm afraid about making a mistake which could results in data loss when i will use create option in osm2pgsql.

The OpenStreetMap lists (talk or dev at openstreetmap.org) might be a
better place to ask about osm2pgsql.

> I did not find the way to specify the schema and table name i would like to use to import data.

You can only specify the database name. osm2pgsql will then create the
tables "planet_osm_nodes", "planet_osm_ways", "planet_osm_rels",
"planet_osm_point", "planet_osm_line", "planet_osm_road" and
"planet_osm_polygon".

You can specify -p <prefix> to set another prefix than planet_osm.

If you need more fine-grained control over what tables are generated,
you could have a look at the "imposm" importer.

Bye
Frederik