[postgis-users] PostGIS 2.0 instalation problem

wobo mcwobo at hotmail.com
Wed May 2 15:48:44 PDT 2012

Thanks for the quick response.

First I succesfully installed PostgreSQl 9.1.3 using the win x86-32
installer from
http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgdownload#windows
http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgdownload#windows .
I was able to create extensions like adminpack so I guess postgresql looks
fine.

Then I tried to install PostGIS 2.0 using the Application Stack Builder that
came along the install. But it failed and an error appeared. The PostGIS
installer (postgis-pg91-setup-2.0.0-3.exe) gave the same error.

http://postgis.17.n6.nabble.com/file/n4947700/pg.jpg

Afterwards I downloaded the postgis-pg91-binaries-2.0.0w32-2 (zip) file,
copied the content by hand to the right directories (~ xcopy lines in
makepostgisdb.bat). libxml2-2, libGEOS, etc are in the PGBIN folder. Indeed
I was first mistakenly using the 64-bit installer.. but using the 32-bit
installer afterwards didn't solve the problem.

Since you mention it should work fine with Windows XP I will test it again
tomorrow. First I'll uninstall postgresql, remove the postgres user, remove
the data folder and delete the registry (regedit) for postgresql. Anything
else I forgot to start a clean install?<br>

Tomorrow I'll keep you posted about the second install attempt.

Wouter