[postgis-users] PostGIS 2.0 installation problem - Ubuntu 12.04

Jeff Meyer jeff at gwhat.org
Sat May 5 10:38:27 PDT 2012

Hi Steve -

I am the system admin : ) and can go ahead and setup sudo for the postgres user.
Part of my goal here was to follow the instructions as strictly as possible for a clean Ubuntu install.

If the postgres user ins't a sudo'er out of the box, then the instructions should point out the need to add this.
It might be "understood" by *nix experts, but not so much for newer types.
Also, the instruction to do do all of these tasks as postgres is left out of the online docs, so it's tough to identify which is correct.
I'd be glad to file tickets or write alternative copy to make them consistent... as long as I know which is correct.
Thanks!
Jeff