[postgis-users] Do I have to be a superuser to use postgis extensions?

Donovan Cameron sault.don at gmail.com
Sun May 6 11:30:14 PDT 2012

Using the GRANT sql worked. I read more about it in the postgresql manual.
Thanks.

GRANT USAGE ON SCHEMA topology TO PUBLIC;

Then It never fully took effect till I restarted the server,
*su -*
*rcpostgresql restart*
*exit*

Done.

Now, that part about giving access to PUBLIC on the template_postgis
database.
This is because without it, a non-superuser cannot create a database of
their own when using:
*createdb -T template_postgis newdb*
*createdb: database creation failed: ERROR:  permission denied to copy
database "template_postgis"*

I tried using the similar GRANT for databases but it doesn't mention
anything about allowing users to copy. Only connect, so I tried that:
*GRANT CONNECT ON DATABASE template_postgis TO PUBLIC;*

But still, cannot create a database without being postgres user.
Not sure if I need to maybe make user of ALTER like so:
*ALTER DATABASE template_postgis OWNER TO PUBLIC;*
Or try,
*ALTER ROLE saultdon CREATEDB IN DATABASE template_postgis;*

Does one of those give me copy permissions because CONNECT hasn't.

Thanks for the help so far with changing schema privileges.

Donovan