[postgis-users] PostGIS Raster with Map Server

abhishek bansal discover.ab at gmail.com
Fri May 11 07:27:39 PDT 2012

hello all,

I am very new to all this Geo-spatial world. I am using map server to
display my maps in browser. I am also using Postgres and PostGIS raster to
store my tiff images in database. now I need to configure mapserver map
file to display this tiff file which is stored in database. I googled a lot
and found this technique which is not working for me i.e. my raster image
does not show up while using GetMap.

I created my raster using following command
raster2pgsql -s 4326 -I -C -M my.tif -F -t 100x100 public.asdf > elev.sql

than I imported this sql file into my PostGIS database using postgres PG
Admin 3.

My map file layer config is as follows:
LAYER
    METADATA
      "wms_title"    "rasterlayer"  ##required
    END
    NAME         rasterlayer
    CONNECTIONTYPE postgis

    DATA "PG:host=localhost port:5432 dbname='postgis' user='postgres'
password='something' schema='public' table='asdf mode='2''"
    PROCESSING "NODATA=0"
    PROCESSING "SCALE=AUTO"

    STATUS       ON
    TYPE         RASTER
    PROCESSING   "BANDS=1,2,3"
    OFFSITE      71 74 65
END

I found this in postGIS documentation.
this return me a empty image in browser.
Plz help !!

--
Thanks & Regards,
Abhishek Bansal