[postgis-users] Installation problem on Windows Server 2008

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Mon May 14 16:05:57 PDT 2012

Ryan,

We tested them on  64-bit (windows 2008, 2008 R2, 2003, and 7) so we know it
works on all those.  Admittedly we were mostly focussed on 9.1 so we can't
be absolutely sure we tested the 9.0 on windows 2008 R2 (but we did on
windows 7 64-bit).  We were testing against the EnterpriseDb distributed
PostgreSQL's 64-bit so its possible ESRI compiled their own and they require
dependencies we left out since we assumed they were present because EDB
packages had them.

The most common culprit is the libxml2-2.dll   (though I thought we included
that one in our last packaging)

You should check dependency walker to see what dependencies you may be
missing.

http://dependencywalker.com/ (use the x64 one).

Keep in mind the dependencies are in the bin of your PostgreSQL install --
so you'll need to add that path in the dependency walker add path for it to
find them.

Also make sure the version of PostgreSQL you have is 64-bit. It's possible
the ESRI cd only comes with 32-bit in which case you should use the 32-bit
9.0 PostGIS 2.0. (even though you are running on a 64-bit OS).

You can do a

SELECT version();

and it should have a 64-bit in there somewhere if you are using 64-bit
PostgreSQL.

Let us know how it turns out.

Leo and Regina
http://www.postgis.us