[postgis-users] Operator (<<, >>) change from 1.5.3 to 2.0?

Adrian Rego arego320 at gmail.com
Thu May 17 15:16:08 PDT 2012

Hi Folks,

Noticing different behavior in a query from 1.5.3 to 2.0.  I have a query checking for points to the left of a polygon.  The query basically is written "WHERE point << poly".

PostGIS 1.5.3 returns the expected results, but I have to wrap the point in Box2d in order to get the same results back in 2.0 ("WHERE Box2d(point) << poly").

I haven't seen anything in the docs about a change in operator behavior.  Am I missing something?

Thanks for the help,
Adrian