[postgis-users] Unable to import shapefile using Shapefile toPostGIS Importer

Smaran Harihar smaran.harihar at gmail.com
Fri May 18 10:10:00 PDT 2012

Hi,

Ok so should I run

SELECT postgis_full_version();

in terminal or PSQL console? When I run it in the PSQL console I am getting
no error but in the terminal I get this error,

-su: syntax error near unexpected token `('

Also, I forgot to add this in the previous mail, but I created a datasource
testdb in pgadmin3 and then created PostGIS database shpRepo. These were
the parameters,

Datasource name: testdb
database: shpRepo
schema: public

These are the parameters set in the Geoserver.

Thanks & Regards,
Smaran Harihar

Thanks & Regards
Smaran Harihar