[postgis-users] PostGIS 2.0 instalation problem

wobo mcwobo at hotmail.com
Fri May 18 17:50:08 PDT 2012

So, I've been trying to install PostGIS 2.0 over and over again on several
different Windows XP computers, but didn't succeed in getting it up and
running. So I ended up borrowing my brother's Windows 7 pc, using the exact
same download (postgreSQL + postgis using stackbuilder) which took me about
5 minutes to succesfully install the whole thing.

I have no clue why it doesn't work on my XP. More exactly, why it can't find
the correctly located postgis-2.0.dll-file. But at least I'll be able to
test and recap the 'PostGIS in Action' on Windows 7 from now on.

Many thanks for suggesting and helping anyway.