[postgis-users] Point calculation based on stationary distance

Uroš Bernik uros.bernik at siol.net
Sat May 19 00:34:07 PDT 2012

Hello,

A question: I have a linestring (polyline) for which i would like to
calculate a point which is located on the polyline but a specific distance
from the end or beggining of the polyline. Once this point is calculated i
would then like to calculate 2 points on both sides of the linestring, which
are perpendicular to the line like this:

Any idea how to do this? I didnt notice any function within postgis that
deal with stationary distances which is what im looking for probably. Thanks
for any advice!