[postgis-users] Closing polylines

Nicolas Ribot nicky666 at gmail.com
Sat May 19 07:38:52 PDT 2012

Hi George,

Glad I could help. I also learned a lot with this case.
The "with recursive" queries are really powerful to process data.
You could also use a plpgsql function to achieve the same result. It offers a great amount of control to process data.

Regarding the SQL code I use, I'm wondering if using "distinct on" geometry could lead to problems. AFAIK it uses bboxes and not geom themselves to compare records.
Not sure, though, if 2 contours can share the same bbox.

Nicolas.