[postgis-users] Ubuntu and Postgresql9.1.3-2

Smaran Harihar smaran.harihar at gmail.com
Wed May 23 10:09:17 PDT 2012

Hi,

I have already installed PostGIS 2.0 and Postgres 9.3.1 using synaptic
package manager.

Now when I run your commands in psql console,

shpRepo=# CREATE EXTENSION postgis;

I am receiving an error,

ERROR: could not open extension control file
"/usr/share/postgres/9.1/extension/postgis.control": No such file or
directory

Where did I go wrong?

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Brian H Wilson <brian at wildsong.biz> wrote:

> On 5/23/2012 8:08 AM, José María Amuedo wrote:
>
>> Someone know how can linstall postgresql-9.1.3-2-linux.run in Ubuntu
>> 12.04?
>>
>> I installed it but I can not to launch stackbuilder to configure new
>> tools like postgis.
>>

> As Jeff said, installing on Ubuntu 12.04 using apt-get is easy, and I've
> only used stackbuilder once. You don't really need it.
>
> I like to experiment with the latest so currently I do install PostGIS
> from sources. The version in the official Ubuntu repository is still at
> 1.5.3
>
> There are instructions here for PostGIS 2 packages that look pretty
> promising:
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/**wiki/**UsersWikiPostGIS20Ubuntu1204<http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiPostGIS20Ubuntu1204>
>
> My own grueling details are here: http://wildsong.biz/index.php/**PostGIS<http://wildsong.biz/index.php/PostGIS>
> Feedback welcome.