[postgis-users] intersecting and exporting

Francois Hugues hugues.francois at irstea.fr
Fri Nov 9 06:21:23 PST 2012

The right use of st_intersection imply the use of st_intersects in the where clause to avoid unuseful empty geometry collection.

Here is how I would have write your query :

select gid, st_intersection(a.geom, b.geom) as geom
from gshhs_c_l1 as a, regions as b
Where gid=4 and id=1 and st_intersects(a.geom, b.geom)

Could you try this and tell us if it's work please ?

Hugues.