[postgis-users] Importing data in Lambert72 (Belgium)

Nicolas Ribot nicolas.ribot at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 05:14:13 PST 2012

Hi,

Use the  COPY command to load CSV to a table.

The rest depends if you want to display/use the geometry, or you're only
interested in the coordinates:
• Add a geometry column
• st_makePoint to build a point from coordinates
• A trigger to create the WGS84 point from coordinates with st_transform:
st_transform(st_setSRID(st_makePoint(coordinateX, coordinateY), 31300),
4326)

Nicolas