[postgis-users] Is it possible to import shapefile from PL/PGSQL or using SQL command?

GregoryKramdia algomorph at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 13:20:05 PST 2012

Thanks, Steve.

It's true, I could just export the C code for shp2pgsql into a dll and
define the function in PostgreSQL.
We need a utility that would be able to ingest a set of files arriving at
the host into a set of tables, process them, and add the data into existing
tables. It so happens that one of the files is a shapefile. For now, I've
decided to go around this by using some shp-reading library within the
client application.