[postgis-users] OpenSource project MyGeoCloud ties PostGIS, MapServer, TileCache and OpenLayers together

martin hoegh mhoegh at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 23:37:09 PST 2012

Hi Steve and thanks for checking out my project and giving suggestions!

1. There is now a default main.php in conf/
2. You didn't miss it. And you are right, I've not yet got around to
write docs. But I'll soon.
3. I've started to look at TinyOWS and MapCache. Right now I using my
home brewed WFS-T implementation in PHP, so there is on installation
requirements regarding that. But on the other side implementing wfs-t
is no trivial task and I looking at TinyOWS for a replacement or
alternative option. TileCache is used for tile caching and a hacked
version is included in the source tree (You just need to install the
required additional Python libs). I had to alter it a bit, so it would
support multiple configuration files. MapServer is used for tile
rendering through PHP-MapScript and only 5.x is supported. I've just
finished testing with PostGIS 2.x and I'll very soon start testing
with MapServer 6.x

Best regards
Martin