[postgis-users] Why PostGIS ST_Intersection much slower than ArcGIS Intersect ?

Jeff Lake jeff at michiganwxsystem.com
Thu Nov 29 06:14:40 PST 2012

Must have something to do with windows and or memory ..
I use ST_Intersects daily on a Linux Server (PostGIS 2.0, PG 9.1.6) with
a quad core Xeon and 16gb memory
it takes milliseconds on much larger layers ..

*Jeff Lake*
MichiganWxSystem <http://www.michiganwxsystem.com>
AllisonHouse <http://www.allisonhouse.com>
GRLevelXStuff <http://www.grlevelxstuff.com>