[postgis-users] geocoding using Navteq dataset

Xiaoming Qin qinxm2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 5 08:21:32 PDT 2012

Hi List,
We're starting working to set up geocoding service on Postgis to enable us batch-geocoding addresses in house. there're concerns about the quality of the Tiger data. We are evaluating the possibilities to use Nevteq data (address points and street lines) as data source running on Postgis platform.
We think it might be possible to transform and load the Nevteq data into the same table structure as Tiger data and use the existing geocoder as-is.
Does anybody have experience with this approach? Any suggestions are highly appreciated.
thanksxiaoming