[postgis-users] Indexing triangulation

Ed Linde edolinde at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 13:46:09 PDT 2012

Hi All,
I have this TIN triangulation with nearly 1.3 Million points and about 2
million triangles in it. I want the ability to find out
what triangles intersect with a given rectangular range. So its to answer a
range query as fast as possible really and
just to know which triangles will intersect with this rectangular box.
Wondering what the best setup for this would be?
Will it take long to load this many triangles into a DB? I have lot of
disk-space, so that is not a problem, but I am on
postgis1.5 on this Debian server. I am all ears to suggestions you might
have, but I need them fast! :)

Cheers,
Ed