[postgis-users] 3D Voronoi and Delaunay Triangulation Intersection

Ed Linde edolinde at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 15:28:05 PDT 2012

Hi all,
I have a rather difficult problem to solve and was wondering if I could
solve it in postgis 2.0.
So I have a 2D Delaunay triangulation of "n" 3D points, Among these "n"
points some smaller
sample is chosen and a 3D Voronoi Diagram is to be constructed.
I then need to compute the intersection between the triangulation and the
voronoi in order to
know which triangles intersect with the voronoi diagram in 3D space and
where exactly the
triangle edge's are being intersected.
Can someone give me any tips as to whether this is possible in postgis?
I do the triangulation outside and load the triangles in as geometries into
postgis, but I haven't
constructed a 3D Voronoi yet. But if postgis cannot do the voronoi and I
generated it outside
of postgis, could I at least load it in and compute the intersections with
the triangulation?

Cheers,
Ed