[postgis-users] upload a folder of raster files

Giannis Giakoumidakis ggiakoumidakis at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 3 03:12:06 PDT 2012

I want to upload to a db a big number of raster files, pe 500,inside a folder, named in a row (file_1 to file_500), each one to a different table. Any ideas? A loop or something of the basic: raster2pgsql
-s 4236 -I -C -M file_1.tif -F -t public.demelevation | psql -d
gisdb
Note that using wildcard (*.tif) doesn't help, I tried but it uploads all files in one table as different rows.

My sql knowledge is bad, so any help would be precious. Thanks.