[postgis-users] downgrade from PostGis 1.5.5. to 1.5.1

Johann Eggers Johann.Eggers at tomtom.com
Fri Sep 21 09:52:43 PDT 2012

Hello list,

We have a PostgreSQL 9.0.4 prod. System running on RHEL 6.3 were we want to upgrade to PostGis 1.5.5 which would be no problem in general.
But before we are going to change the production system we need to have a fall back in place.
Of course we should take a backup before we start for DR, but I'm wondering if there isn't a proven way of downgrading.
I found no documentation on how to revert back to an older version.

Does anybody know of a procedure to revert back to an older version of Postgis?

Thanks in advance
-Johann