[postgis-users] How to perform st_PixelAsPolygon(rast, geom) ?

Hugues François hugues.francois at irstea.fr
Fri Apr 5 03:51:22 PDT 2013

Hello,

I need to work with a dem raster at the pixel scale but there are few functions to access them. Maybe I forgot something but, if we can have a value crossing a point with raster using st_value, we can't access the pixel geometry directly from a point.

The only way I found was first to use St_PixelAsPolygons to access pixel geometry (for relevant tiles) and then intersects resulting geometries with original points but this method costs very much.

Anyone have an idea to increase performances ?

Hugues.