[postgis-users] How/where does postgis hook a callback to free cached geos structures?

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Mon Apr 22 11:41:07 PDT 2013

On 22/04/13 04:50, Paul Ramsey wrote:

> The only reason to go to all the trouble Mark and I did to ensure
> memory cleaning is because we didn't have control of the libraries we
> were using. You on the other hand, can easily enough just #define
> malloc palloc and be done with the problem, since you're working
> inside postgresql/postgis from the start.

Is there any reason that this doesn't exist as a standalone library? I
could see there would be scope for a shared address parser, and perhaps
even a wrapper CLI that takes an address string on stdin and outputs a
set of coordinates on stdout. Or are the lookups done using native
PostgreSQL tools such as full text search?

ATB,

Mark.