[postgis-users] Is it worth to load background raster into postgis?

Stephen V. Mather svm at clevelandmetroparks.com
Sat Feb 9 12:44:20 PST 2013

By reputation, qgis-mapserver is probably the easiest.  GeoServer isn't so bad either and comes bundled with GeoWebCache which takes care of the latency and rendering speed issues endemic to WMS.  I hear UMN Mapserver isn't too bad these days either, but I may never forgive it for the 160 hrs I lost trying to compile it on Mac OS X in 2004 :).  Long live software grudges... .

Best,
Steve

  Stephen V. Mather
GIS Manager