[postgis-users] trace back

Andy Colson andy at squeakycode.net
Tue Feb 19 11:17:06 PST 2013

> On 2/19/2013 12:35 PM, Jonatan Malaver wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>>     Let's say I have 3 parcel centroids with one feature in common. How
>> would I do a trace back to the common feature between those points?
>> Also, how can I do a flood analysis?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jonatan Malaver
>>
>> Assistant Engineer of Electrical and Cable Operations
>>
>> Shrewsbury Electric & Cable Operations
>>
>> 100 Maple Avenue
>>
>> Shrewsbury, MA 01545
>>
>> Office: 508.841.1520
>>
>> Mobile: 774.262.0437
>>
>> Fax: 508.842.9267
>>
>> jon.malaver at shrewsburyma.gov <mailto:jon.malaver at shrewsburyma.gov>

> That's pretty vague.  So you have parcel points, and not polygons?  In a table called ParcelPoints?
>
> What is this feature?  Is it a column in table ParcelPoints?  Or is it a point in a different table?  Is it a polygon?  Is it in a table or are you hard coding it in wkt?  (like "POINT(42 42)")
>
> -Andy

On 2/19/2013 1:12 PM, Jonatan Malaver wrote:> Let me give you more info.
I'm trying to sync my GIS with our outage management system (small
electric utility). I would like to trace back an outage call (customer
points) to a common transformer (point), fuse (point), or station
(point). All the points are in different tables, and they are all
intersected by a line (circuit).

 > Thanks,
 >
 > Jonatan Malaver
 > Assistant Engineer of Electrical and Cable Operations
 > Shrewsbury Electric & Cable Operations
 > 100 Maple Avenue
 > Shrewsbury, MA 01545
 > Office: 508.841.1520
 > Mobile: 774.262.0437
 > Fax: 508.842.9267
 > jon.malaver at shrewsburyma.gov

Hum...  As a test, can you do something like:

select *
from circuit
inner join station on ST_Intersects(circut.geom, station.geom)
where circuit.id = 42;

The id = 42 is meant to only pull back one line of the circuit, and the
join is to see if it'll match all the stations on that line.

-Andy