[postgis-users] error running St_MapAlgebraExpr 2 raster version

Silver Ashen silver.ashen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 15:30:01 PST 2013

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to test the St_MapAlgebraExpr 2 raster version in order to
multiply the values of a raster by the values of an other one.

Here is the request :

SELECT St_MapAlgebraExpr(a.rast,b.rast,'(a.rast*b.rast)::double
precision','32BF','INTERSECTION','NULL','NULL',-1) As rast
FROM sigma.mnt_5m_2941x6197 as a, sigma.affor_aligned2 as b WHERE
St_Intersects(a.rast,b.rast);

Note that affor_aligned2 was a vector rasterized with St_AsRaster in the
way that it's fit the alignment of mnt_5m_2941x6197.

However, the function above returns the following :

"Notice : The two rasters provided have no intersection.  Returning no band
raster"

I don't understand because when I look to the two raster in ArcGIS, there
is no problem of srid. The two layers are well overlayed...

 I don't understand what I did wrong. Any idea ?

Thanks,
Samy