[postgis-users] import .ecw into postgis database ?

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 11:15:24 PST 2013

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 5:49 PM, laurent
<lcelati at latitude-geosystems.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm working on windows 7 64bits.
>
> I would like import into my db several .ecw files. Up to now i have followed
> this following tutorial :
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/pkg-gdal-ecw
>
> I have installed the ECW SDK and paste the *dll from
> redistributable\vc90\win32\ to C:\Windows\SysWOW64.
>
> But it does not work...What is the next step? I am on the right path?
>
> Thank you to throw light for me.
>
> Kind regards.

Hi

what is the error message you get with gdalinfo?

I am pretty sure you need to compile yourself gdal after installing
the ecw libraries, did you do it?
To avoid headaches I would suggest, if applicable, to export your ecw
file to an open format with the tool you used to generate them, and
start from there.
In any case, you are on the wrong list, please post at gdal-dev:

regards

Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer
web: http://www.paolocorti.net