[postgis-users] Topology editing

Mats Norén mats.noren at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 05:53:43 PST 2013

Hi,
I'm a bit confused about the topology functions in PostGIS 2.0.2.
I would like to move a non isolated node geometry but I don't see any
function for this?
The usecase is editing topological areas in a web client and have the
changes persisted in PostGIS. The user has to be able to move start or end
nodes in edges in the topology.

I tried to move end node of an edge with ST_ChangeEdgeGeom.

SELECT ST_ChangeEdgeGeom('conf', 1, st_makeline(st_point(10,20),
st_point(120,20)))

As expected according to the docs I get an exception back: ERROR: SQL/MM
Spatial exception - end node not geometry end point.

Any suggestions on how to do this? I feel like I'm missing something really
obvious :-)

Regards,
Mats