[postgis-users] Topology editing

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Jan 8 06:02:57 PST 2013

On Tue, Jan 08, 2013 at 02:53:43PM +0100, Mats Norén wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm a bit confused about the topology functions in PostGIS 2.0.2.
> I would like to move a non isolated node geometry but I don't see any
> function for this?

There's no function to move non-isolated nodes.
ISO SQL/MM contains no specification about it, and PostGIS
doesn't provide its own.

What should happen to the node edges ?
Should only the endpoint move ?
I suggest you use qgis with topological editing
to move both the node and the edges endpoints
the way you feel.
Doing so would give you a feel of what the possible
outcomes are.

> The usecase is editing topological areas in a web client and have the
> changes persisted in PostGIS. The user has to be able to move start or end
> nodes in edges in the topology.

What about dropping the old edge and creating a new one ?

--strk;