[postgis-users] Topology editing

Mats Norén mats.noren at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 06:49:28 PST 2013

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 3:02 PM, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:

> There's no function to move non-isolated nodes.
> ISO SQL/MM contains no specification about it, and PostGIS
> doesn't provide its own.
>

> What should happen to the node edges ?
> Should only the endpoint move ?

The idea is that a user should be able to change the geometry of areas that
should be topologically consistent. My perception was that moving an
endpoint of an edge should be possible as long as the underlying topology
was still valid after a move.
If I have two adjacent faces (picture below)

I should be able to move a single node to get this:

Regards,
Mats

ps.
Apologies for the crappy images but I hope you still get my point.
ds.