[postgis-users] Topology editing

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Jan 8 07:05:40 PST 2013

On Tue, Jan 08, 2013 at 03:49:28PM +0100, Mats Norén wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 3:02 PM, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:

> > What should happen to the node edges ?
> > Should only the endpoint move ?
>
> The idea is that a user should be able to change the geometry of areas that
> should be topologically consistent. My perception was that moving an
> endpoint of an edge should be possible as long as the underlying topology
> was still valid after a move.
[..]
> Apologies for the crappy images but I hope you still get my point.

Yes, I got it.
The only thing I can suggest you for now is crafting your own
function for that, and play with it. The most tricky part will
be ensuring that the topology isn't changed.

Other than that it's just a matter of finding the node edges
(GetNodeEdges, if you need it), updating each so they have a changed
endpoint (ST_SetPoint), updating the node to the new location.

--strk;