[postgis-users] Replication question, can I replicate a postgres/postgis 9.0/1.5 instance to a 9.1/2.0 instance?

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Wed Jan 9 12:42:06 PST 2013

Andreas,

The question posed to me was related to different client packages needing different versions of server software in place in order to connect.  The newer clients need the newer server, where the older versions of things are already in place.  So, I was wondering about setting up a replication process.  I was specifically interested in the PostGres tools to do this.  I have another project coming up where I will be doing something similar, only with all like service versions.

Hmm, makes me wonder if anyone has thought about some sort of POSTGRES config that could answer to some number of previous versions of clients in some form or another.  Maybe there are pieces of this idea that I'm oblivious too though.

Thanks for the info.

Bobb