[postgis-users] [GENERAL] Query with LIMIT but as random result set?

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 14:36:38 PST 2013

Hi Kevin

No; I'm thinking about some query (or function) that selects random
points (POIs) with certain characteristics like decreasing density. I
didn't find much theory about how to *create* such random points.

There seems to be more literature and implementation about measuring
geographic distribution (like in ArcGIS http://bit.ly/13lTFj9 ).

Under "radial distribution function" I understand a function which
describes how density varies depending on the distance from a
reference point (= the user).

Yours, Stefan