[postgis-users] Postgis raster : storage performance ?

laurent lcelati at latitude-geosystems.com
Fri Jan 11 02:07:54 PST 2013

Hello,

1/ Is there a real advantage to import raster into postgis db in storage
purposes? Can you give me an indicator evaluating  the gain of file size
compared to raw raster files?

2/ Is there a postgis raster tool for compressing raster cover in order to
compress the size of the dbs?

3/ Could you explain to me the -R (register) postgis optional parameter ?
What is the interest of this parameter?

Thank you to throw light for me?

Kind regards.

~IMAGE~