[postgis-users] Location of nadgrid file

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl
Thu Jan 17 05:46:08 PST 2013

Can anyone tell me where the nadgrids-file, as used by proj4 to apply
grid shifts to a projection, should be installed for postgis? I produced
one, put it in the standard proj installation directory
(/usr/share/proj), and it works from the commandline with cs2cs.
However, when I put an entry in the postgis spatial_ref_sys table for a
new projection with this nadgrids file, the st_transform command says:
"failed to load datum shift file (-38). It also happens when I put in
the whole path. What should I do?

Jan